Monday, March 20, 2017

Lent 2017 - Day 12 - Isaiah 22:22 Shall

"He shall open, and none shall shut; and He shall shut, and none shall open." Isaiah 22:22

There is comfort in this for me.  It reminds me of why I can trust.  When the Lord says He's doing something, it's done; no one can prevent it.

When the Lord decrees that a person will do something, it's done.  No one, no circumstances, can prevent someone from carrying out something God decreed.  This comforts me because it reminds me that someone is in control in this out of control world.

Lord, I'm grateful I can KNOW your purposes will be carried out.  Help me to remember when I can't see any signs of anyone being in control.  Help me to trust when fear or grief tries to step in between me and my Savior.  I pray I can also take part, can do what the Father is doing, and be one of those that opens and shuts at the Lord's direction.

No comments: